Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Links, sources on Iran - Hezbollah attacks
BBC ON THIS DAY | 4 | 1979: Militants storm US embassy in Tehran
1979: Militants storm US embassy in Tehran. Militant Islamic students in Iran have stormed the US embassy in the Iranian capital,Tehran, and taken more than ...
Briefing: the 444-day US embassy siege, Tehran 1979 - Times Online
... anti-American protests had run through Tehran after the US offered refuge to the Shah of Iran, ...
Hizballah (Party of God)
Hizbollah was established in 1982 during the Lebanon War when a group of Lebanese ... in October 1983 and the US Embassy Annex in Beirut in September 1984. ...
Profiles in terror: the guide to Middle East terrorist organizations - Page 169
Aaron Mannes - 2004 - 372 pages - Preview
Hizbullah pioneered many terrorist tactics, including suicide bombing and the massive simultaneous truck or car bomb attack. Hizbullah also developed expertise in constructing highly effective explosive devices. ...
U.S.A. Patriot Act of 2001 - Page 12
Howard Ball - 2004 - 265 pages - Preview
The massive truck-bomb blast, containing between 5000 to 20000 pounds of explosives, killed nineteen Americans and ... The Saudi Hezbollah was the Islamic terrorist cell that carried out the attack, evidently with support from Iran.
The axis of evil: Iran, Hizballah, and Palestinian terror - Page 92
Shaul Shay - 2005 - 262 pages - Preview
M Suicide attack against the US Embassy in Kuwait. From November 1983 to March 1985 the arena for Shiite terrorist ... against Western targets in Kuwait including the French Embassy, the control tower at the international airport, ...
American Hiroshima: The Reasons Why And A Call To Strengthen ...
David J. Dionisi - 2005 - 232 pages - [p. 61]
The attack killed 241 US Marines. December 12, 1983: Members of al Dawa or “The Call,” an Iranian-backed group, bombed multiple targets in Kuwait. Targets included the American embassy, the French embassy, the control tower at the ...
Without future: the plight of Syrian Jewry
Saul S. Friedman - 1989 - 146 pages - Snippet view [page 17]
But since his disappearance, Lebanese Jews have tried, with limited success, to avoid provoking anti-Zionist gangs. ... returned to his family, although Hezbollah (a terrorist organization) announced his execution on February 19, 1986. ...
Political terrorism: a new guide to actors, authors, concepts, ... - Page 609
Alex Peter Schmid, Albert J. Jongman - 2005 - 700 pages - Preview
It has taken hostage at least twelve Jews in southern Lebanon in response to the Israeli invasion. ... the involved prison director, to blow up the Italian embassy in Beirut and to kidnap and torture any Iranian civilian in the world. ...
Newsweek: Volume 109
1987 - [page 117]
The fanatics in Beirut can kidnap them, torture them, hang them publicly and dump their bodies on the streets — but apparently they can't make Westerners leave. Even after three more Americans were kidnapped last week, there were still ...
Re: Hezbollah > America - By Andy McCarthy - The Corner - National ...
Apr 29, 2008 ... Hezbollah operatives kidnapped William Francis Buckley, ... Under [top Hezbo honcho, the late Imad] Mugniyah's direction, Buckley was tortured for 15 months, ... kidnapped and ultimately murdered Colonel William Higgins, ...
Hezbollah: born with a vengeance - Google Books Result
Hala Jaber - 1997 - History - 240 pages - Page 118
The affair confirms the direct involvement of the Guards' special security apparatus in the kidnapping of Western hostages and suggests that Buckley's ...
Iran's president recruits terror master - Times Online Apr 23, 2006 ... And you can't talk about Hezbollah and not think about Iran. ... Imad will be the one to act,” a western intelligence source said last week. ... West when he was involved in the kidnapping, torture and mutilation of William Buckley, ... The kidnapping led to the Iran-contra affair, one of the most ...
Myths & Facts - Israel and Lebanon
I treated men whose testicles had been cut off in torture sessions. .... For Hezbollah, it is a reason to keep its militia armed and active, ... trucks carrying explosives into the U.S. Marine and French military barracks near Beirut, ... In 1985, Hizballah operatives began kidnapping Westerners off the streets of ...
Michael J. Totten: Hezbollah Scouts Out The Hague
Mar 4, 2009 ... Fifty eight French soldiers were killed by another Hezbollah suicide ... Imad Mugniyeh kidnapped 96 foreign civilians – mostly Westerners – between 1982 and 1992. ... they tortured him to death, and they did it on video. ...
frontline: target america: terrorist attacks on americans, 1979-1988 Eventually, 30 Westerners would be kidnapped during the 10-year-long Lebanese ... U.S. officials believed that the Iranian-backed Hezbollah was behind most ...
Congressional Record - Page 112
Between 1982 and 1992, more than 30 Westerners were abducted by this organization, some tortured and killed. .... cell infiltrated Israel through a tunnel, murdered two Israeli soldiers, and kidnapped 19 year old Corporal Gilad Shalit. ...
The World's Most Threatening Terrorist Networks and Criminal Gangs - Page 129
Michael T. Kindt, Jerrold M. Post, Barry R. Schneider - 2009 - 281 pages - Preview
Many civilians were also among the 30 Westerners kidnapped during the 1980s. These included cases such as Terry Waite, ... Associated Press reporter Terry Anderson who was held for nearly seven years at the hands of Hezbollah, ...
Lebanon's Hezbollah - Page 48
Ann Byers - 2003 - 64 pages - Preview
1975-1976 Civil war in Lebanon. 1978 Israel enters Lebanon and occupies areas adjacent to its border with Lebanon. ... September 20, 1984 Hezbollah bombs US Embassy annex in East Beirut, killing 24. 1984-1988 Seventeen Americans and ...
Profiles in terror: the guide to Middle East terrorist organizations - Page 149
Aaron Mannes - 2004 - 372 pages - Preview
On April 5, 1988, Hizbullah hijacked Kuwait Airlines Flight 422, again attempting to force Kuwait to release the Iraqi al-Da'wa prisoners. Ultimately, these prisoners were released from Kuwaiti a prison by Iraq during their occupation ...
The devil we know: dealing with the new Iranian superpower - Page 191
Robert Baer - 2008 - 279 pages - Preview
As a member of Hezbollah's polit- buro told me in March 2008, it was in 1990 that Hezbollah gave up “the ... hijacked Kuwait Airways flight 422 — managed to escape from prison when the United States invaded Iraq in August 1990. ...
Patterns of global terrorism 1985-2005: U.S. Department of State reports with supplementary documents and statistics, Volume 1
Anna Sabasteanski - 2005 - 535 pages - Page 62
Some elements in Iran may have provided support for the hijackings by Hizballah of Kuwait Airways Flight 422 on 5 ... of these anti-Saudi operations, which were primarily directed at the offices of the Saudi national airline, Saudia. ...
Conflict and cooperation in the Gulf region - Page 60
Joseph Kostiner - 2009 - 287 pages - Preview
Iran responded. Since Iraqi oil exports through the Gulf had been shut down, Iran's response was directed against the Gulf states. On 7 May, Iran's fighter aircraft hit a Saudi tanker. On 13 and 14 May, Iran attacked Kuwaiti tankers ...
Middle East Contemporary Survey 1986: Volume 10; Volume 1986 - Page 562
Itamar Rabinovich, Haim Shaked - 1988 - 694 pages - Full view
In May, two Iranian helicopter gunboats struck two missiles at the Saudi oil tanker al-Nasr al-'Arabi 70 miles off the coast of Qatar. The attack was apparently a reprisal for an Iraqi attack on a supertanker heading for an Iranian oil ...
Encyclopedia of modern worldwide extremists and extremist groups - Page 130
Stephen E. Atkins - 2004 - 404 pages - Preview
In 1983 and 1984, open fighting broke out between the adherents of Hezbollah and the PLO in southern Lebanon. ... Mugniyah also led the numerous kidnapping operations in the mid-1980s. Open warfare broke out in 1988 between the forces ...
Hezbollah: the story of the party of God : from Revolution to ... - Page 73
Eitan Azani - 2009 - 293 pages - Preview
On February 17, 1988, Colonel Higgins was kidnapped in southern Lebanon by Hezbollah activists. The kidnapping raised the struggle between Amal and Hezbollah to a new height. ...
In the path of Hizbullah - Page 85
Ahmad Nizar Hamzeh - 2004 - 196 pages - Preview
The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for kidnapping dozens of Americans, British, and French in March 1984. ... the movement may have gone underground.15 By 1988, the number of foreigners kidnapped in Lebanon totaled eighty, ...
Encyclopedia of terrorism - Harvey W. Kushner - 2003 - Political Science - 523 pages - Page 386
US EMBASSY BOMBING, BEIRUT The April 18, 1983, suicide bombing attack on the US embassy in Beirut, Lebanon, killed 63 people in a blast so powerful it shook ...
Congressional Record - Page 26327
1985 TWA Hijacking, June 14, 1985: A Trans- World Airlines flight was hijacked en route to Rome from Athens by two Lebanese Hizballah terrorists... Berlin Discoteque Bombing, April 5, 1986: Two US soldiers were killed, and 79 American servicemen were injured in a ...
Robert Dean Stethem, SW2, United States Navy
Jun 15, 1985 ... The ship was named after Petty Officer Robert Dean Stethem, ... He was badly beaten and ultimately executed after the terrorists' demands were not met. ... native Robert Stethem's June 1985 murder on board the hijacked TWA jet as it ... $321 million for its role in the case of supporting Hezbollah. ...
Prospects for Adding Hezbollah to the EU Terrorist List - American ...
In 1985, Hezbollah was responsible for the bombing of a restaurant near a U.S. base in Madrid, which killed 18 Spanish citizens. ...
Kim Masters Evans - 2007 - 152 pages - Page 41
Restaurant, Torrejon, Spain (1984) — Hezbollah claimed responsibility for a bomb that killed eighteen US servicemen and injured eighty-three. TWA Airliner (1985) — Lebanese Hezbollah terrorists hijacked the flight and held it for ...
The new Iranian leadership: Ahmadinejad, terrorism, nuclear ambition, and the Middle East
Praeger Security International Series -
Authors Yonah Alexander, Milton M. Hoenig
Publisher Greenwood Publishing Group, 2008
ISBN 0275996395, 9780275996390
- Page 82
Buckley is murdered on October 3, 1985 after being tortured while in captivity. Islamic Jihad, an often used alias for ...
April 12, 1985--Madrid, Spain: A bomb explodes in a restaurant popular with American servicemen in Madrid, Spain, killing 18, all Spaniards, and injuring, 15 Americans. Within days, Islamic Jihad, a Hizballah alias, claimed responsibility in Beirut.
The Iran Threat: President Ahmadinejad and the Coming Nuclear Crisis - Page 72
Alireza Jafarzadeh - 2008 - 320 pages - Preview
According to information that I received from sources inside the Iranian regime in early 1997, IRGC brigadier general Ahmad Sharifi masterminded the Khobar Towers attack. In a press conference that my colleagues and I held on April 16, ...
Imad Mugniyah, Iran and al Qaeda - By Andy McCarthy - The Corner ...
Feb 13, 2008 ... Hezbollah hijackers seized a Kuwait Airlines plane in December 1984, murdering four of the passengers, including two Americans. ...
Profiles in terror: the guide to Middle East terrorist organizations - Page 150
Aaron Mannes - 2004 - 372 pages - Preview
In 1986, Hizbullah expanded its operations against France, kidnapping eight French citizens between February and May. Hizbullah also launched a bombing campaign in Paris between December 1985 and September 1986 during the French ...
Hizballah: Iran's Tool | CNSnews.com
... Other attacks researchers have attributed to Hizballah include a series of bombings in Paris in 1986, which killed 13; an unsuccessful attempt to carry out attacks in Cyprus in 1988; a plot, foiled by Spanish police, to carry out attacks against Jewish targets in Europe in 1989; an unsuccessful attempt to detonate a car bomb outside a Jewish community building in Romania in 1992; the bombing of a small passenger plane carrying 18 passengers in Panama in 1994; and a planned 1996 attack, also foiled by police, on an Israeli institution in Paris.
The terrorist list: A-K [Praeger Security International Series [Volume 1 of The Terrorist List: The Middle East, Edward F. Mickolus] - Page 385
[Author] Edward Mickolus - [Publisher ABC-CLIO] 2009 - 368 pages
Muhammad Mahmudi one of the three Lebanese arrested on July 28, 1994 by Costa Rican police in David when they tried to cross the Panamanian– Costa Rican border with false passports. They were suspected of involvement in the suicide bombing of ALAS Airlines flight HP-1202, a twin-engine Brazilian-made Embraer on July 19, 1994, that killed two crew and 19 passengers, including a dozen Israeli businessmen, shortly after the plane left Colon Airport in Panama. The Partisans of God, believed to be an Hizballah cover name, claimed credit.
Terrorist Bombings in Argentina Argentina's Israeli Embassy in Buenos Aires was the site of the first explosion, a car bomb, on March 17, 1992. The bomb killed 29 and injured over 250. ...
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Bomb kills top Hezbollah leader Feb 13, 2008 ... Israel believes he was involved in planning the 1992 bombing of Israel's embassy in Argentina in which 29 people were killed, and the blast ...
Argentina accuses Iran of responsibility for the Hezbollah ...
As usual, Iran and Hezbollah rejected the investigation's findings, .... that the heinous attack on AMIA, which caused 85 deaths, 151 injuries and ..... that was carrying between 300 and 400 kilograms of explosives – stopped the vehicle ...
US Says Latin American Terrorism Backed by Iran
Hezbollah: Hezbollah around the World Mar 31, 2008 ... In July two years later, a suicide bomber reportedly linked to Hezbollah detonated a bomb on a commuter plane in Colón , Panama , killing ...
[PDF] Islamic Terrorism In Latin America File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Mar 11, 2009 ... 1992, a Lebanese suicide bomber boarded a commuter flight in Colón, Panama, and detonated a bomb, killing all 21 people aboard, including 12 ...
BBC ON THIS DAY | 26 | 1994: Israel's London embassy bombed 1994: Israel's London embassy bombed. A car bomb has exploded outside the Israeli embassy in London injuring 14 people. The blast, at 1210 BST, ...
Specialists have linked a terrorist bomb that destroyed a French airliner last month (Oct, 1989) in Africa to a Palestinian group allied with the pro-Iranian Hezbollah, the newspaper Figaro said... Working with fragments of a suitcase found in the wreckage of the airliner, specialists in Paris' central police laboratory found similarities to a terrorist bomb that exploded at a Paris department store almost five years ago. The February 1985 attack at the department store resulted in the arrest of Habib Maammar, a Tunisian member of a group directed by the Palestinian bomb maker Abu Ibrahim.
[PDF] Lebanon: The Israel-Hamas-Hezbollah Conflict
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
by C Blanchard
to Hezbollah's backers, Iran and Syria, that their support for terrorism will not be .... the importance of cooperation between Hamas and Hezbollah and ...
Lebanon: The Israel-Hamas-Hezbollah Conflict
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
by C Blanchard
to Hezbollah's backers, Iran and Syria, that their support for terrorism will ..... unguided rockets, often called Katyushas. Having ranges of between 20-45 ...
[PDF] Iran: Current Developments and U.S. Policy
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
by K Katzman
Israel asserted in February 2002 that Iran had 8000 Katyusha ..... Assets Disputes/Victims of Terrorism. Iran claims that the United States has ... In October 2001, victims of the October 1982 Hizbollah bombing of the ...
Chapter 3 -- State Sponsors of Terrorism Overview
Apr 30, 2008 ... Iran remained the most active state sponsor of terrorism. Elements of its Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) were directly involved in the planning and support of terrorist acts throughout the region and continued to support a variety of groups in their use of terrorism to advance their common regional goals. Iran provides aid to Palestinian terrorist groups, Lebanese Hizballah, Iraq-based militants, and Taliban fighters in Afghanistan.
Iran remains a threat to regional stability and U.S. interests in the Middle East because of its continued support for violent groups, such as HAMAS and Hizballah, and its efforts to undercut the democratic process in Lebanon, where it seeks to build Iran’s and Hizballah’s influence to the detriment of other Lebanese communities.
Iran is a principal supporter of groups that are implacably opposed to the Middle East Peace Process, and continues to maintain a high-profile role in encouraging anti-Israel terrorist activity – rhetorically, operationally, and financially. Supreme Leader Khamenei and President Ahmadinejad praised Palestinian terrorist operations, and Iran provided Lebanese Hizballah and Palestinian terrorist groups, notably HAMAS, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, with extensive funding, training, and weapons.
Hamas - Council on Foreign Relations
The first Hamas suicide bombing took place in April 1993. .... killed more than five hundred people in more than 350 separate terrorist attacks since 1993. ...Iranian and other weapons were being smuggled into Gaza through a series of tunnels... Iran also provides significant support, which some diplomats say could amount to $20 million to $30 million per year.
Palestinians: Hamas, Hezbollah cooperated on Jerusalem terror ...
Mar 9, 2008 ... Iran set to load fuel to core of first atomic plant (Reuters) ... Palestinians: Hamas, Hezbollah cooperated on Jerusalem terror attack ...
The New York Times > Opinion > Op-Ed Contributor: Does Iran Want ...
Sep 8, 2004 ... So Hezbollah embraced the grievances of Lebanon's Shiites, ... It was Iran that in 1982 dispatched 2000 Revolutionary Guards to win the hearts and minds of the Lebanese Shiites...
Iran and Syria as state sponsors of terrorism Iran and Syria, two major state sponsors of terrorism, ... Also according to the report, Hamas and Hezbollah continued to finance their terrorist .... which supported “the Zionist regime which is a symbol of government terrorism” (Fars ...
State Sponsors: Iran - Council on Foreign Relations See Also. Iran, State Sponsors of Terrorism ... U.S. officials say Iran supported the group behind the 1996 truck bombing of Khobar Towers, ... (which Iran helped found in the 1980s) and Palestinian terrorist groups like Hamas, ... There has also been speculation that Iran encouraged Hezbollah's July 2006 attack on ...
US Intel: Tehran pushes Hizballah hard to attack - DEBKAfile ...
Oct 25, 2010 ... The article "US Intel: Tehran pushes Hizballah hard to attack Israel" has been archived and can be purchased. ...
Congressional Record - Page 112
This month, Hamas — another organization designated by the State Department as a FTO ... Then on July 12th, the Iran and Syria-supported Hezbollah terrorist ...
A NATION AT WAR: INTELLIGENCE REPORTS; Syria Harbors Iraqis and Grants Transit to Hezbollah, U.S. Asserts
Published: April 15, 2003. (Page 2 of 2). Hezbollah, which has about 2500 fighters and is ... The officials said Hezbollah's intentions in Iraq are unclear, ... mostly to permitting shipments of Iranian-made arms through its territory. ...
Asia Times Online :: Middle East News - Explosive charge blows up ... Oct 27, 2007... officials of the Iranian regime are responsible for arms that are killing US troops. ... It was widely recognized that it was Hezbollah that had passed on the ... The following day, US troops found yet another EFP factory near ... part of the media narrative on Iran and Iraq that the only issue ...
Iraq War Logs Detail Iran's Aid to Militias – Iraq War Logs ... Oct 22, 2010 ... 7, 2006, episode in which an Iranian soldier who aimed a rocket-propelled ... a low profile in Iraq by arranging for fighters from Hezbollah in Lebanon to train Iraqi ... which included killing three bodyguards and plotting to attack ministry .... The British Budget Cuts, if Imported to the U.S. ...
[PDF] Iran's Activities and Influence in Iraq File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
by K Katzman - Cited by 12 - Related articles
“Hezbollah-like force to serve [Iran's] interests and fight a proxy war against the ... subsequently, in some cases killing U.S. soldiers, and U.S. forces ...
'Hizbullah trained Iraqis how to kidnap soldiers' Oct 23, 2010 ... When the US failed to change the situation in Iraq with the first war, ... All of that involvement of Iran in killing US soldiers makes one ...
Secret US docs: Iran, Hezbollah trained Iraqi militants - Oct. 23, 2010
... who were backed by Iran's Revolutionary Guards and trained by Hezbollah, used Iranian weapons to carry out suicide attacks and target US troops. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3973570,00.html
Experts discuss Iran-Taliban relationship - USATODAY.com - USA Today Jul 22, 2010 ... For months, top US military leaders have accused Iran of supplying ... and training to Taliban fighters battling American and Afghan troops. ... of Iran's policies — its nuclear program, support for Hezbollah in Lebanon ...
State Sponsors: Iran - Council on Foreign Relations The U.S. Department of Defense estimates Iranian support to Hezbollah at roughly ... to Taliban fighters in Afghanistan, including, according to the U.S. ...
NATO Commander In Afghanistan Says Iran Helping Taliban - Radio ...
May 31, 2010 ... NATO Commander In Afghanistan Says Iran Helping Taliban. U.S.General Stanley McChrystal (left) with Afghan President Hamid Karzai at ...
U.N. Report Ties Somali Islamists to Hezbollah : NPR Nov 15, 2006 ... There is an alarming new report about the situation in Somalia. United Nations monitors say seven countries and various groups are ...
U.N. Says Somalis Helped Hezbollah Fighters - New York Times Nov 15, 2006 ... In addition to training some Somali militants, Hezbollah “arranged for additional support to be given” by Iran and Syria, including weapons, ...
Official Report of Debates - Page 590
Council of Europe - 1987 - Preview
Today, we know that this is a physical presence on Lebanese soil. I would even say that there is certainly an agreement among some PLO forces and the pro-Iranian Hezbollah which is aimed against Amal and the moderate Shi'ites, ...
Hezbollah - Main
Hezbollah attacks on the Israeli military were instrumental in prompting ... It has become the center of the opposition against Lebanon's pro-Western ...
Breakthrough in Tribunal Investigation: New Evidence Points to ...
May 23, 2009 ... The terror attack in Beirut on Valentine's Day, 2005: Intensive investigations ... just as the motorcade of former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri passed by. .... Part 1: New Evidence Points to Hezbollah in Hariri Murder ...
Hezbollah uses Christian villages as shields in missile attacks ... Aug 3, 2006 ... If Israel does nothing Hezbollah will continue to fire rockets from inside Lebanon shockingly using Christians as human shields actually ...
Hezbollah's use of Lebanese civilians as human shields: the ... supporting it, using them as human shields. Attacks against Hezbollah ..... the Christian camp and its allies from their positions of power, and ...
Hezbollah's human shields - Washington Times
Jul 30, 2006 ... Moreover, by using Lebanese civilians as human shields, Hezbollah appears to be violating Article 58 of Protocol 1, which requires parties ...
Photos that damn Hezbollah | Herald Sun
Jul 30, 2006 ... The release of the images comes as Hezbollah faces criticism for allegedly using innocent civilians as "human shields". ...
Egypt Accuses Hezbollah of Plotting Attacks and Arms Smuggling to ... Apr 13, 2009 ... He denied that there had been any plans for attacks on Egyptian soil, ... “Hezbollah's leadership issued strict orders to not target ...
Egypt: Hizbullah will pay heavy price for plotting attacks ... Apr 15, 2009 ... Hizbullah and its leader Hassan Nasrallah "will pay a heavy price ... three simultaneous terror attacks against Israeli and Egyptian targets ...
Monday, October 25, 2010
Countries, people, around the world attacked by the Islamic Republic of Iran (and CAIR's spin)
- Attacking US Marine Barracks in Oct. 1983, killing 241 Americans and 58 French soldiers. Marking a milestone in global terror - massacres tactics, with Hezbollah's introduction of the 'massive bombing' by suicide, by the 'truck bomb.' Under the "spiritual" guidance of Sheik Fadlallah.'
- The 1983 attacks on US and French embassies in Kuwait. Six people (including the bomber) killed, more than 80 injured. This time, the Iran backed terror group using an alias name "the call."
- Hijacking of Kuwaiti airlines in 1984 - flight 221, four passengers are murdered, in 1988 - Flight 422.
- String of kidnapping, torturing westerners between 1982-1992, including hijacking US personell. The kidnapping of 30 Westerners in that period are attributed to Hezbollah.
- 1984-6 Kidnap, torture and murder of Lebanese Jews.
- Bombings in Paris, France, in 1985 and 1986, 13 killed, hundreds injured.
- April 12, 1985 bombing of a restaurant in Madrid, Spain, 18 Spaniards killed, 15 Americans injured, Hezbollah claimed responsibilty under its "Islamic Jihad" alias.
- Hijacking of TWA flight in 1985 en route to Rome from Athens. Robert Dean Stethem was brutally beaten by the Hezbollah before being executed.
- Attacking Israel via Hezbollah and Hamas terror "freedom fighting" Jihadi organizations. More noticeably - Iranian equipped and technoligally supported - missile attacks by the Hezbollah on residents beginning in mid 1993, continuing after the IDF pulled out of Lebanon and in the war of 2006. Hamas' massacres targeting Israeli civilans have caused great havoc, heavy casualties, especially during the height of the "intifadas," it rose since 2000. At times the two terror groups joined in attack.
- Downing of a French airline in October 1989 (Palestinian-Hezbollah linked operation).
- Unsuccessful attempt to carry out attacks in Cyprus in 1988; a plot, foiled by Spanish police, to carry out attacks against Jewish targets in Europe in 1989; an unsuccessful attempt to detonate a car bomb outside a Jewish community building in Romania in 1992; and a planned 1996 attack, also foiled by police, on an Israeli institution in Paris.
- 1994 Bombing of AMIA Jewish community building in Argentina, killed 85 and wounded 300, both, Iran and Hezbollah were charged.
- July 26, 1994, Israeli embassy bombing in London, injuring 14.
- 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia, 19 American servicemen killed, over 500 people injured in the apartment complex. Iran is linked.
- Killing of many American and British soldiers in Iraq (its trainers and weapons found there). Dating at least since November 24, 2003 as reported then by the New York Times. The Iranian/Hezbollah involvement includes training Iraqis how to kidnap Americans.
- Hezbollah "activities" in Somalia (as accused by United Nations monitors) helping the terrorists Islamists.
- Many (Christian and moderate, pro-western) Lebanese citizens fell victims to the terrorizing Hezbollah mob.
- ↑ a b c d e http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/target/etc/cron.html
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/november/4/newsid_3910000/3910627.stm
- ↑ http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/23/world/main579638.shtml
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330525,00.html
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=lJwIhKrx0FAC&pg=PA169
- ↑ http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/concoughlin/100046096/sheikh-falallah-was-the-terrorist-mastermind-behind-the-lebanon-hostage-crisis/
- ↑ http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2001716,00.html
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=4kGIpMI5HC0C&pg=PA92
- ↑ Congressional Record - Page 26327
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=6Oq1kGlMMXwC&pg=PT61
- ↑ http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/158854/imad-mugniyah-iran-and-al-qaeda/andy-mccarthy
- ↑ a b http://books.google.com/books?id=lJwIhKrx0FAC&pg=PA149
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=UPUUL2HgwooC&pg=PA191
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=YQb1Ilj2U7EC&pg=PA60
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=bekED50mOJAC&pg=PA562
- ↑ http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/2009/03/hezbollah-scout.php
- ↑ Newsweek: Volume 109 1987, p. 117
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=b8k4rEPvq_8C&pg=PA130
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=vHrQGZ8lUgIC&pg=PA73
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=HNyv0N8cVE0C&pg=PA85
- ↑ http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/162295/re-hezbollah-america/andy-mccarthy
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=m_ktBrZfuUYC&pg=PA118
- ↑ http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article708342.ece
- ↑ http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths/mf11.html
- ↑ a b Congressional Record - Page 112
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=WMZdR8XPzQoC&pg=PA129
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=NgDks1hUjhMC&pg=PA609
- ↑ Congressional Record - Page 386
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=l8jlj2oYtgsC&pg=PA48
- ↑ http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/hizballah.htm
- ↑ a b "The new Iranian leadership: Ahmadinejad, terrorism, nuclear ambition, and the Middle East," Praeger Security International Series , authors: Yonah Alexander, Milton M. Hoenig, publisher: Greenwood Publishing Group, 2008 p. 82
- ↑ http://www.ajc.org/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=ijITI2PHKoG&b=1323269&ct=4490703
- ↑ Congressional Record - Page 26327
- ↑ http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Terrorism/usvictims.html
- ↑ http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/rdstethe.htm
- ↑ http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/crt/2007/103711.htm
- ↑ http://www.cfr.org/publication/8968/hamas.html
- ↑ http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/71845.pdf
- ↑ http://www.terrorism-info.org.il/malam_multimedia/English/eng_n/html/iran_e007.htm
- ↑ http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/9058.pdf
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=ZzSW2-KXpg0C&pg=PA95
- ↑ http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/hizballah-rockets.htm
- ↑ http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Terrorism-%20Obstacle%20to%20Peace/Terrorism%20from%20Lebanon-%20Hizbullah/Incidents%20along%20Israel-Lebanon%20border%20since%20May%202000
- ↑ http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Terrorism-+Obstacle+to+Peace/Palestinian+terror+since+2000/Victims+of+Palestinian+Violence+and+Terrorism+sinc.htm
- ↑ http://www.haaretz.com/news/palestinians-hamas-hezbollah-cooperated-on-jerusalem-terror-attack-1.240945
- ↑ http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1989-11-01/news/8911013269_1_hezbollah-bomb-police-in-paris
- ↑ Hizballah - Iran's tool, CNS
- ↑ http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Terrorism/argentina.html
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7242383.stm
- ↑ http://www.terrorism-info.org.il/malam_multimedia/English/eng_n/html/argentina_amia_e.htm
- ↑ Congressional Record - Page 17187
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=dj_UiuHRT1IC&pg=PA385
- ↑ http://www.adl.org/main_Terrorism/hezbollah_overview.htm?Multi_page_sections=sHeading_5
- ↑ http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/26/newsid_2499000/2499619.stm
- ↑ "The Iran Threat: President Ahmadinejad and the Coming Nuclear Crisis," Alireza Jafarzadeh, 2008 p. 72
- ↑ http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/110358.pdf
- ↑ http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/IJ27Ak05.html
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/23/world/middleeast/23iran.html
- ↑ A NATION AT WAR: INTELLIGENCE REPORTS; Syria Harbors Iraqis and Grants Transit to Hezbollah, U.S. Asserts, New York Times, published: April 15, 2003
- ↑ http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=192465
- ↑ http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3973570,00.html
- ↑ http://www.cfr.org/publication/9362/state_sponsors.html
- ↑ http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-07-22-iran-taliban_N.htm
- ↑ http://www.rferl.org/content/NATO_Commander_In_Afghanistan_Says_Iran_Helping_Taliban/2057300.html
- ↑ http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6493083
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/15/world/middleeast/15nations.html
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=0VmN2dqhkkQC&pg=PA590
- ↑ http://www.thedavidproject.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=97&Itemid=93
- ↑ http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,626412,00.html
- ↑ http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=7314
- ↑ http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/arabs/hiz/part1.pdf
- ↑ http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/jul/30/20060730-093558-9976r/
- ↑ http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-reports/photos-that-damn-hezbollah/story-e6frf7r6-1111112144002
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/14/world/middleeast/14egypt.html
- ↑ http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3701677,00.html
Tags: Islamofascism, Jihad, Bombing, Hezbollah, Iraq, Afghanistan, anti semitism, Israel, Iran, Lebanon, Ahmadinejad, nukes, Islamic nukes, Genocide, Egypt, CAIR, Hizballah, Islamic Jihad, Kuwait, Holocaust denial, Paris, Islamic Hitler, Somalia, Islamic bomb, France, 1983, 1984, 1988, 1989, 2009, Ahmend Rehab, Islamic anti-Semitism, Britain, NATO, Marine barracks, Argentina, AMIA, 1992, Buckley, Higgins
Young Men's Muslim Association, YMMA, Nazism and Jihad (1930s)
The folllowing piece of history by the German historian M. Kuntzel, will give you an idea of:
- Nazism in political Islam such as the "Muslim Brotherhood," (aka Islamofascism).
- How Jihad against the west (then British) is usually accompanied by (anti-Jewish racism, bigotry) anti-Semitism.
- The story of the "first bombs placed in Jewish homes, synagogues in the 1930's.
- The Young Men's Muslim Association YMMA - enthusiastic fascism and jihad.
- The self sacrifice martyrdom jihad to "save al-Aqsa mosque."
- How the grand Mufti - Hitler's collaborator - boosted up the Muslim Brotherhood's Jihad.
- The idea of "Solidarity with Arab Palestine" as part of violent Jihad.
“Jihad and Jew-hatred: Islamism, Nazism and the roots of 9/11,” Matthias Küntzel, Telos Press Publishing, 2007, (ISBN 0914386360, 9780914386360, 180 pages), pp. 20-4
Paramilitary rallies by the pro-fascist Young Egypt movement founded in 1933, the Young Men’s Muslim Association (YMMA) and the Muslim Brotherhood increasingly dominant the street-scene, announcing...
In October 1933, when the Jewish-led anti-German boycott movement was still going strong, the Cairo Nazi group discussed the reasons for the failure of their anti-Jewish campaign to date. How could “the broad masses” be awakened to an understanding of the “Jewish threat?” In their report to the Foreign Office in Berlin they drew the conclusion that the value of publicity campaigns “for the creation of an anti- Jewish mood among the Arab population is relatively small” and that “we must therefore focus far more on the point where real conflicts of interest between Arabs and Jews exist: Palestine. The conflict between Arabs and Jews there must be transplanted to Egypt.”
In April 1936 the Mufti called for an Arab general strike... “Arab revolt of 1936-39.”
This strike gave the Muslim Brothers the green light to launch their first fanatical solidarity campaign, in which the idea of jihad was linked to the clashes in Palestine. Only now did the Brotherhood become a mass organization, growing between 1936 and 1938 from 800 to 200,000 members.
In May 1936 the Muslim Brothers called for a boycott of the Business of Egyptian Jews. The Central Comittee for Aid to Palestine established by Al-Banna developed into the Brotherhood’s stronghold and the centre of its new mission. Pro-Palestinian fund-raising and anti-Jewish boycott campaigns, leafleting and demonstrations were now organized. In mosques, schools and workplaces the Brotherhood worked out the believers with the legend that the Jews and British wished to destroy the holy places of Jerusalem and tear up the Koran
and trample it underfoot. Yet initially these activities encountered strong opposition precisely among the Egyptian religious establishment...
met with a lot of resistance on the part of the mosque imams, who tried to stop them physically or have (p. 22) them taken to the police station... the Al-Azhar mosque-university, whose rector, Mustafa al-Maragi, forbade his Palestinian students from indulging in any anti-Jewish ...
The Muslim Brothers’ campaign struck a different note. “On violent student demonstrations in Cairo, Alexandria and Tanta in April and May 1938 calls such as “down with the Jews”, “Jews out of Egypt and Palestine” rang out...... Leaflets reiterated calls for a boycott of Jewish shops and business.” At the same time its newspaper, al-Nadhir, ran a regular column with the title “the threat of the Jews in Egypt” in which the names and addresses of Jewish business propritetors and the owners of allegedly Jewish newspapers all over the world were published and all evil - from Communism to brothels - was attributed to the “Jewish threat.”
An Appeal was made to young Egyptians to wear and consume only Islamic products and to prepare themselves in all parts of Egypt for jihad in defence of the Al-Aqsa mosque. Al-Nadhir called on children to give up their presents “for Palestine,” while their mothers were to sacrifice their very selves. “I shall carry my life in my own hands and offer it as a sacrifice on the altar in defence of the Holy Place in order to win the honour of jihad” boasted one female fanatic in the paper. In 1939 the first bombs were placed in a Cairo synagogue and Jewish private homes.
These anti-Jewish excesses were by then supported by other Islamist organizations such as the Young Men’s Muslims Association (YMMA)..
This burgeoning Islamist movement was subsidized with German funds. As Brynjar Lia recounts in his monograph on the Muslim Brotherhood...
Tags: 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, anti semitism, Arab riots, History, Islamo nazism, Islamofascosm, Jihad, Mandate Palestine, Mufti, Muslim brotherhood, Palestnians, WW2, WWII, YMMA, Young Men's Muslim Association
How many countries did Islamic Republic of Iran attack in the last 30 Years? (Today Oct/25/10 on Fox's 'The Factor,' CAIR'S lies)
Today, Mr. Rehab of CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relation)
Action by its government directly and/or via its armed -Hezbollah- wing:
* Hijacking of Americans (direct attack on the US) in 1979.
* US Marine Barracks in Oct. 1983, killing 241 Americans and 58 French soldiers.
* 1984-8 string of hijacking, torturing US personell.
* 1980s torturing of Lebanese Jews.
* Bombing of US embassy in Lebanon in April 18, 1983, killing 63.
* Bombings in Paris, France, in 1985 and 1986. Dozens killed.
* Attacking Israel since the 1980s via Hezbollah and Hamas terror "freedom fighting" Jihadi organizations.
* Unsuccessful attempt to carry out attacks in Cyprus in 1988; a plot, foiled by Spanish police, to carry out attacks against Jewish targets in Europe in 1989; an unsuccessful attempt to detonate a car bomb outside a Jewish community building in Romania in 1992; and a planned 1996 attack, also foiled by police, on an Israeli institution in Paris.
* 1992 Bombing of Israeli embassy in Argentina. Killed 29.
* 1994 Bombing of AMIA Jewish community building in Argentina, killed 85 and wounded 300, both, Iran and Hezbollah were charged.
* July 19, 1994 bombing of Panamanian airline. Kills everyone (21) on board.
* Killing of many American and British soldiers in Iraq (its trainors and weapons found there).
* Killing of many of US, NATO soldiers in Afghanistan (backing Taliban).
* Hezbollah "activities" in Somalia.
* Many (Christian and pro western) Lebanese citizens fell victims to the terrorizing Hezbollah mob.
* Use of Lebanese civilians, in its wars against Israel.
Hezbollah's criminal activities streches from "blood diamonds" in Africa to Latin Amerca's drug trafficking.
I'd say that attacking: US, France, Britain, Afghaistan, Iraq, Somalia, Lebanon, and its oppression and constant crimes against humanity on its own -millions of Iranian- citizens... threatening 'Death to US' - the "big Satan," planning a nuclear attack for genocide on 6,000,000 Jews in Israel (with an introduction of denying the Holocaust), treatening its immediate neighbours, Europe... Ahmadinejad's dreaming of becoming the "Mahdi" to dominate the world under a theocratic Islamic totalitarian system run by the mullahs, constitute a serious threat, Don't you?
Thursday, October 21, 2010
NPR: National Palestinian Radio – Nutcases Pinheads Ravaging
NPR: National Palestinian Radio – Nutcases Pinheads Ravaging
Every other day we see another brick of our beautiful democarcy being shaken.
I didn’t support pastor Jones’ burning a koran day, but the way he was censored is alarming.
Now we have CAIR dictating media (NPR re: firing Juan Williams for daring to tell the truth)?
The same Islamic “rights” organization lobby, CAIR whose main founders said: "Islam is not in Amnerica to be equal but to dominate?”
Islam & Christianity: A Revealing Contrast - Page 339
James F. Gauss - 2009 - 389 pages - Preview
Invite a Death Squad to Lunch Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) founder, Omar Ahmad, at a Muslim meeting in Fremont, California in 1998, reportedly stated that Islam was not in America to be equal to any other faith, ...
Islam’s Mandate: A Tribute to Jihad - Page 380
Mr. Pat, Mr. Pat (Patrick J. Roelle, Sr.) - Preview
The article stated that at this gathering CAIR Chairman Omar Ahmad urged Muslims not to assimilate into American society, but instead to deliver Islam’s message. He underlined that Islam is not in America to be equal to any other faiths ...
Muslim Mafia: Inside the Secret Underworld That’s Conspiring to ... - Page 127
P. David Gaubatz, Paul Sperry - 2009 - 422 pages - Preview
“Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant,” Ahmad has said. “The Quran should be the highest authority in America.” US Brotherhood leaders advising CAIR—such as ... who has stated: “We do not ...
Preachers of Hate: Islam and the War on America - Page 289
Kenneth R. Timmerman - 2004 - 400 pages
Stephen Schwartz was fired from Voice of America for his opposition to giving equal airtime to radical Islamists such as CAIR, AMC, and their allies. He believes the Wahhabi lobby has had a devastating impact on the American Muslim ...
Best American Political Writing 2008 - Page 139
Royce Flippin - 2008 - 377 pages - Preview
Further: I found I had been—rather charmingly, I thought—referring to myself for years as “a brain-dead liberal,” and to NPR as “National Palestinian Radio.” This is, to me, the synthesis of this worldview with which I now found myself ...
The Dog Walker - Page 48
Leslie Schnur - 2005 - 336 pages - Preview
She listened to the radio every day, all day. Everything from 1010 WINS, You Give Us Twenty-two Minutes, We Give You The World, Imus in the Morning, to NPR, or National Palestinian Radio as she referred to it, to classical, jazz, ...
Jewish spectator: Volume 60
School of the Jewish Woman (New York, N.Y.) - 1995 - Page 136
It is perhaps not surprising then that revelation of a conflict of interest, an NPR reporter married to a Palestinian Authority official, hardly creates an Apple at the network. Nicknamed National Palestine Radio by many of its listners
... Whether Israel is battling intifada violence, collecting her dead after terror attacks or ceding unprecedented land and power to the Palestinians, tax-supported NPR consistency promotes the Arab agenda. Factual error, distortion, story
FrontPage Magazine - NPR: National Palestinian Radio
NPR: National Palestinian Radio By: Eric Rozenman Independent Media Review Analysis Tuesday, November 19, 2002. Is National Public Radio inherently unable ...
The Big Apple: National Palestinian Radio (NPR or National Public ...
NPR has been nicknamed “National Palestine Radio” or “National ... The NPR (aka National Palestinian Radio) is world- renowned for its bias. ...
Aug 27, 2005 ... NPR National Palestinian Radio One of the little charms of my marriage is that my wife listens to NPR. I really don’t understand why. ...
National Palestinian Radio Reports from Gaza. Date: 7/1/02. Show: Morning Edition (NPR). Oh, what an idiot! I can clearly see him now: a microphone clutched ...
Moonbattery: Juan Williams Fired by NPR for Acknowledging Terror ...
Oct 21, 2010 ... Williams was already considered tainted in NPR Land for appearing .... “National Palestinian Radio”. Posted by: Ummah Gummah at October 21, ...
Tags: "palestine", appeasement, Arabs, bias, CAIR, Democracy, freedom, freedom of speech, Islamic Jihad, Islamic violence, Islamization, Islamofascism, Israel, Juan Willimas, MSM, Muslims, NPR, pc, politics, religion, religion of peace, Schiller, Soros, terrorism, US, West